There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Shreveport, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to schedule annual air conditioner service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners solely associate air conditioner service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly cooling expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees could help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, changing air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Moon's Air expert drops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few simple ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures go down in Shreveport. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is right for your system, give the team at Moon's Air a call at 318-215-7938 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.