Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Shreveport is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Moon's Air always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Moon's Air in Shreveport at 318-215-7938 today.