During the colder Shreveport months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Moon's Air will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Moon's Air ASAP if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Moon's Air can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Moon's Air at 318-215-7938 or arrange an appointment with us online.