With warmer temps close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can cut a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Moon's Air expert perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system operating at its best for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is operating correctly and can identify possible concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might damage your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Moon's Air a call at 318-215-7938.